Resources & FAQ
Read more about Karasek Healthy Work
Publication and Publishing - Reproductions in any context
- The full Karasek Questionnaires, JCQ, JCQ2 or any scales or parts of questions from the questionnaires / JCQ Question texts (full question) are NOT allowed to be distributed in any context or in any location.
- DISTRIBUTING AN ENTIRE Karasek Questionnaire, JCQ, JCQ2 or any scales or part of questions from the questionnaire/ JCQ texts are NOT allowed.
- Karasek Questionnaire, JCQ, JCQ2 or any scales or part of questions from the questionnaire/ JCQ texts is NOT to appear in any regular public publication, except as the "keywords".
- You are allowed to use the keywords (instead of the JCQ Question) in academic research publications and journal publications after you have paid the license - the allowed keywords are noted in the material you will received after you have paid the price mention here for use of JCQ in your project.
- All reproductions in any medium need special permission and need to be purchased from the JCQ Center Global ApS.
- You are not allowed to send JCQ Center Global instruments in the text of an email or as a PDF file to survey participants.
The Copyright Statement
- All reproductions need to include the word “©Copyright R. Karasek JCQ Center Global ApS. All rights reserved. www.jcqcenter.com”. This statement should be either on all pages or immediately following a partial use of the instrument (e.g., a table where permission has been received).
- Purchase the licenses to administer your survey. Your licenses will include a letter of permission specifying the sample item and keywords you may include in your Dissertation or in Published Work and the copyright statement to use. The entire instrument may not be reproduced in any context. If you find a complete instrument published in any source, please let us know.
Scale and Scoring
Q.How many questions will you recommend if I only want to do a pilot study for my MSc dissertation?
A:It depends on your research questions and your research objectives and if you use JCQ or JCQ2. However, we often recommend the 35 questions which include the following questions: items for skill discretion, items for decision latitude, items for macro-level decision latitude, items for psychological demands, items for physical demands, items for job insecurity, items for supervisor support, and items for coworker support respectively (for detail, read the JCQ user's manual).
Q. Except for the recommended questions, what other scales does the JCQ have?
A:The JCQ has many more questions which you might be interested in: scales measuring psychological strain and job dissatisfaction, scales for physical hazard and exposure, new scales for work social identity, customer contact problem, and global competitive effects.
Q. can I compute the scale scores for the questionnaire scales?
A:you need the Users Manual or our online service can do the compute for you.
Q.So far, how many language versions of the JCQ does the JCQ Center have?
A: So far, the JCQ was translated into 29+ countries' languages See Translations.
Q. would like to translate the JCQ into my country's language. Please let me know the procedure of the translation.
A: Translations of JCQ questions, Karasek Questionnaires, JCQ, JCQ2 or any scales or parts of question from the questionnaires into the languages of the site countries, and back translation of the questions into English are to be:
1.Approvedby R. Karasek by a signed translation agreement with JCQ Center Global
2.Providedto the JCQ Center Global ApS (a copy of the translation needs to be sent).
These may be distributed by the JCQ Center in the future to other users under the same conditions as the English version. All rights to the translation belong to the instrument author and copyright holder R. Karasek, JCQ Center Global ApS.
This site is currently being updated